I must say that I was absolutely in Heaven when we got to the sea. It was a cold and windy spring day and overcast when we first arrived. But just for our visit, the skies cleared, the wind abated, and the sun shone down in all of its glory.
The wide and empty beach of fine sand was much like the sand of the South Bay in California. Being up on the cliff reminded me of overlooking Redondo Beach but much windier and colder.
The beach houses were fabulous. . .
and I discovered a quaint street with a darling shop while Bob looked for birds on the beach.
Truly in Heaven!
We left Heaven and drove toward Zuid-Hennemerland National Park. Along the way we saw this cool sculpture and this large tree off in the distance that we were to discover was not a tree at all, but the way that they camoflauge their utility poles.
The dunes were so usual with their sunken spots, as the land is all below sea level.
No comments:
Post a Comment