Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Missionary Tool and Stake Relief Society Creativity Workshop

Several months ago, I met with Elder Fingerle, one of the seventies, and presented this idea to further missionary work--a digital pass along card. I was excited to see that missionaries are now using it in England. Check it out:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c80c50d3dd74bde45568def96&id=fddd9c0276&e=eeead2f9fd

STAKE RELIEF SOCIETY CREATIVITY DAY

Sisters gathered from many miles and mingled in conversations mostly in German with some English. Several fun workshops were ongoing. I chose to attend this paper cutting workshop.  



 Then I went to this music workshop.


This sister made her instrument. In the 1950's violins were scarce and expensive. This was a less expensive instrument designed to be used in the schools.


This is an ocarina and has a beautiful flute-like sound.


Many lovely crafts were on display.





We had a lovely luncheon. Everyone was asked to "please bring something." We never know exactly how these buffets are going to turn out, but it was fun sampling many different German foods that I haven't tasted before.

Sunday evening, we had a "Linger Longer" after Church. This time we did have food assignments, such as "Those with last names beginning with A-H, please bring either bread or a beverage," etc. Again, it was fun to see how the food came together on the serving table. Unfortunately, the Bishop, who was last in line, and didn't get much. The children sitting on the floor had piles of food on their plates that they didn't eat.

A new man was introduced that will soon be baptized. Our sweet Monica that we bring to Church each Sunday told us that she and her friend (that she, herself, introduced to the missionaries) would like to be baptized on the same day--July 14. We continue to pray for them to understand the Gospel and receive testimonies of its truthfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment