Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February Fun!

February is flying past. The last couple of days, we have seen a bit of sunshine, but last week it was overcast every day with temperatures never moving above freezing. We have been averaging about 20 degrees F. during the day and about 10 degrees F. at night. It is hard to be outside for any length of time, and I really have to bundle up in my big black recess coat with my fleece scarf covering my face just to walk the few blocks to my schools. I am anxious for spring to bring some warmer weather. The daffodils that we planted in our porch flower boxes are beginning to show their green stems, and we see other bulbs popping up in the neighborhood, so there is hope.






On February 1, I organized our Sisters Night Out around the theme of wellness. We talked about eating right and exercising, using the exercise bands, and doing Pilates. It is so cold here that there is not much opportunity to get outside to exercise. I continue to do my Pilates most days and am continuing to take the stairs in our building rather than the elevator to the 9th floor. Though lately, when I’m wearing my heavy winter coat, I'm opting for going downstairs more than up.

No comments:

Post a Comment