Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paris Day 1, Arch de Triomphe, Champs Elysees

We hopped on the train going 190 mph for Paris through dark tunnel, green forests, and pastures with horses, sheep, and Charlais cows.



At the train station we bought a five day pass for transportation and a museum pass. We ate a Panne Chocolate and then headed to our hotel, Libertel Canal St. Martin.


Bob had some legal meetings he needed to attend to, so I walked around the neighborhood.


I found a lovely old church to explore, St. Ferdinand of Ternes, built in 1847.


I loved these small mosaics depicting Christ's last days on Earth.








We headed for the Arch de Triomphe and watched the crazy drivers who actually had no lanes maneuvering their cars around. We discovered immediately how busy Paris is--chaotic, fast, and noisy--but very exciting.




We walked along the Champs Elysees. 


It was raining, and we didn't have umbrellas. It was getting late, so we went back to the hotel, stopped at a boulangerie and bought quiche, pizza and chocolate cake and settled into bed for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment