Friday, December 30, 2011

Post Christmas Blues and Parties

Bad Elevator

The day after Christmas got me! I was in one down in the dumps mood, so I decided to clean the house. First I gathered up our two trash bins and our wet garbage (food scraps), and without telling Reuben, I headed for the  elevator to go down to the basement and out into the parking lot  to empty the trash. I must have needed a lesson in gratitude because the elevator got stuck on the second floor. I was stuck alone in the elevator with the stinky garbage for over a half an hour. Finally I heard some footsteps in the hall and knocked on the elevator and in my pitiful German asked for help. A very nice lady went to get the maintenance man, who just told me to push the buttons which I tried to patiently explain to him were not at the time working. Then I asked the lady to please go get my husband. My hero arrived and forced the elevator doors open and rescued me. I was so grateful. I took the stairs the rest of the day, but now they have assured me that the elevator is fixed. I'm still leery.


Two more parties lifted our spirits. We had the missionaries over for dinner. They are so great! We remember the letters that were sent home from our missionary sons telling us about kind families that loved them and fed them. We're trying to do the same here.


Last of all, we invited the TLS theater directors over for crepes and discussed the new first act for A Grimm Tale. They loved the new concept, so we're off and running or should I say writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment